This site once contained the main complex of buildings associated with the Hammersmith Iron Works established by Richard Turner in 1834, who was an iron-founder whose works included the Palm House at Kew Gardens, the Palm House at the Belfast Botanic Gardens and the curvilinear range at the Irish National Botanic Gardens. The present Hume House office building was built in 1965 and acquired by Irish Life in 1971. It is now to be replaced with a new contemporary office building known as The Turner Works.
The development comprises: demolition of the existing office building and construction of a new office building of circa 21,500 sq.m. GFA, 8No storeys over 1No Lower ground floor and 1No Basement level; Reception area fit-out; Cat A office fit-out; cores of stairs, lifts and toilet facilities; roof top M&E plant; sunken Lower ground floor garden, 1st floor roof garden and upper level terraces; car, motorcycle and bicycle parking plus changing and shower facilities; ESB Substation; associated M&E services and drainage. Sustainability targets include LEED Platinum, WELL Gold, NZEB and Wired Score.
Client: Irish Life Assurance plc c/o ILIM
Architects: MCA Architects
Date of Completion: N/A